Windows Mobile Board for ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Devices

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones

2 posters

A BASE OR A CLEANED ROM FOR P320

uffi69

A BASE OR A CLEANED ROM FOR P320 Empty A BASE OR A CLEANED ROM FOR P320

Post  uffi69 Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:05 pm

HELLO GUYS I'M AN ITALIAN BOY AND I WANT TO KNOW IF SOMEONE HAS A BASE OR A CLEANED ROM FOR ASUS P320 AND WANT TO SHARE. THANK YOU!
    SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

A BASE OR A CLEANED ROM FOR P320 Empty Re: A BASE OR A CLEANED ROM FOR P320

Post  a4rocks Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Hello there, I think you would be better off using the official ROMs provided by ASUS. They as such don't have any major issues and there haven't been any significant updates to the 6.1 lineup recently. So considering you are currently using a ROM from ASUS officially, I suggest you stick with it. It is as squeaky clean as it gets. Very Happy
    uffi69

Post  uffi69 Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:55 pm

a4rocks wrote:Hello there, I think you would be better off using the official ROMs provided by ASUS. They as such don't have any major issues and there haven't been any significant updates to the 6.1 lineup recently. So considering you are currently using a ROM from ASUS officially, I suggest you stick with it. It is as squeaky clean as it gets. Very Happy

I'm sorry but I need a rom with more ram free than the ram there is into original roms of asus because I need to use some programs that take a lot of ram and I don't need programs like office or remote calendar for example and they are programs that take me ram. For this reason I try to find a rom cleaned without any program. sorry for my very bad english and thank you for your answer
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:20 pm

uffi69 wrote:I'm sorry but I need a rom with more ram free than the ram there is into original roms of asus because I need to use some programs that take a lot of ram and I don't need programs like office or remote calendar for example and they are programs that take me ram. For this reason I try to find a rom cleaned without any program. sorry for my very bad english and thank you for your answer
    Well buddy, no matter what you do, if you are looking to run high memory programs in the P320, you are out of luck because no matter what you do, this phone isn't meant to handle all those tough tasks. No way. It does what it should do very well, making our lives easier with GPS, good and easy layout and other such stuff.

But this phone just won't run high memory stuff. The RAM is quite insufficient when looking at high end applications.

Could you just give me an insight as to what the application is? Besides, Office doesn't take up any RAM unless you actually run it so till the time you aren't running it, I don't think it will make any difference at all. You can try and find some clean ROMs but I doubt you will get them. There are quite a few WM6.5 Lite builds but no 6.1 build I have heard of having any Lite edition. Whatever it is, all the best googling and may you find the most suitable ROM. Cool
    uffi69

Post  uffi69 Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:28 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    uffi69 wrote:I'm sorry but I need a rom with more ram free than the ram there is into original roms of asus because I need to use some programs that take a lot of ram and I don't need programs like office or remote calendar for example and they are programs that take me ram. For this reason I try to find a rom cleaned without any program. sorry for my very bad english and thank you for your answer
    Well buddy, no matter what you do, if you are looking to run high memory programs in the P320, you are out of luck because no matter what you do, this phone isn't meant to handle all those tough tasks. No way. It does what it should do very well, making our lives easier with GPS, good and easy layout and other such stuff.

But this phone just won't run high memory stuff. The RAM is quite insufficient when looking at high end applications.

Could you just give me an insight as to what the application is? Besides, Office doesn't take up any RAM unless you actually run it so till the time you aren't running it, I don't think it will make any difference at all. You can try and find some clean ROMs but I doubt you will get them. There are quite a few WM6.5 Lite builds but no 6.1 build I have heard of having any Lite edition. Whatever it is, all the best googling and may you find the most suitable ROM. Cool

hi a4rocks. I didn't understand all because I am not so good in english and I'm sorry for this reason. however the programs that I want to install and that take a lot of ram are TomTom 7, SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and SKTools.
    I found a rom very close to cleaned on PDAGismo but it isn't stable and speak both in english and thailand and so is very difficult to use for me, but at the start up it gives me 30 Mb of ram that is very good.

It would be great if I find a rom with preinstalled spb mobile shell 3.5 and sktools and so maybe these programs take less ram than I install after but I don't know.
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:10 pm

uffi69 wrote:hi a4rocks. I didn't understand all because I am not so good in english and I'm sorry for this reason. however the programs that I want to install and that take a lot of ram are TomTom 7, SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and SKTools.
    I found a rom very close to cleaned on PDAGismo but it isn't stable and speak both in english and thailand and so is very difficult to use for me, but at the start up it gives me 30 Mb of ram that is very good.

It would be great if I find a rom with preinstalled spb mobile shell 3.5 and sktools and so maybe these programs take less ram than I install after but I don't know.
    No need to apologise for it. It is absolutely fine.

Yes, the SPB Mobile Shell uses a great amount of RAM not suitable for P320. I have tested it myself but uninstalled it due to it's sluggish performance. I don't know about SKTools but regarding TomTom, I am using Mireo GPS and I know that it requires a lot of memory to run and has sluggish performance. TomTom should be OK if you can spare the nagging and slow animation. Try Garmin and other GPS tools. I am sure trying different will eventually give you what you want. At least one thing's there, multitasking at the same time while using GPS software is not a feasible or the right option for you.

Regarding ROMs with pre-installed SPB Mobile Shell, I guess it's hard to find one. And there is a good reason for it. Not many people demand SPB Mobile Shell. Some like it, some don't for the fact that a simple and clean interface is a winning combination for the layman. The customisations on high demand are Manilla 2D and a custom keyboard. So you will lots of ROMs with these pre-installed. So I hope you have a happy Googling experience and may you get the most out of your P320. I know it's deficient in some spaces but no one can get as good a value for money in other devices. It is simply the best in it's class. So have fun and take care.
    uffi69

Post  uffi69 Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:19 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    uffi69 wrote:hi a4rocks. I didn't understand all because I am not so good in english and I'm sorry for this reason. however the programs that I want to install and that take a lot of ram are TomTom 7, SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and SKTools.

No need to apologise for it. It is absolutely fine.

Yes, the SPB Mobile Shell uses a great amount of RAM not suitable for P320. I have tested it myself but uninstalled it due to it's sluggish performance. I don't know about SKTools but regarding TomTom, I am using Mireo GPS and I know that it requires a lot of memory to run and has sluggish performance. TomTom should be OK if you can spare the nagging and slow animation. Try Garmin and other GPS tools. I am sure trying different will eventually give you what you want. At least one thing's there, multitasking at the same time while using GPS software is not a feasible or the right option for you.

Regarding ROMs with pre-installed SPB Mobile Shell, I guess it's hard to find one. And there is a good reason for it. Not many people demand SPB Mobile Shell. Some like it, some don't for the fact that a simple and clean interface is a winning combination for the layman. The customisations on high demand are Manilla 2D and a custom keyboard. So you will lots of ROMs with these pre-installed. So I hope you have a happy Googling experience and may you get the most out of your P320. I know it's deficient in some spaces but no one can get as good a value for money in other devices. It is simply the best in it's class. So have fun and take care.

Hi, a4rocks. I'm sorry if I answer you only now but my job took me a lot of time in the last two weeks. Besides I know that the ASUS P320 is the best PDA for features and money request and Manila 2d is much popular and used than spb mobile shell but I hope in the near future to learn how I can cook my personal Rom. A Rom with all the programs I need and so I won't have any problem with the language of the Rom or with the lack of programs very important for me. Thank you very much for all your help. Have a good night!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:57 pm