Windows Mobile Board for ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Devices

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones

+4
Aeric
babanomania
nikworld08
manasgirdhar
8 posters

Wont be updating more roms

manasgirdhar

Wont be updating more roms Empty Wont be updating more roms

Post  manasgirdhar Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey ppl,

I wont be uploading Roms for a few Days Now....My Bloody Laptop Gone for repair....it'll be back in a week or so.....I'll be providing help but no more Roms for a week or so
    nikworld08

Wont be updating more roms Empty Re: Wont be updating more roms

Post  nikworld08 Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:54 pm

hmm . feeling bad . hope u get it back soon . Sad
    babanomania

Post  babanomania Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:48 pm

nikworld08 wrote:hmm . feeling bad . hope u get it back soon . Sad

same here manas, hope you get back soon
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:57 pm

M nt leaving guys...i m still here....But all the builds were on my laptop unfortunately....
    Aeric

Post  Aeric Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Have you made backup? You didn't ask the shop to format your harddisk, do you? Smile
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Aeric wrote:Have you made backup? You didn't ask the shop to format your harddisk, do you? Smile

Nah...they wouldn't dare format it...My Laptop was fine...only the DVD drive was messed up...so no issues....In the Next build m thinking of giving it as a list in Start Menu...n did u know that the last build that i posted also has a magnifier by microsoft???
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Got My Laptop back...will check into the probs every1 was facing
    nazri14

Post  nazri14 Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 pm

manasgirdhar wrote:Got My Laptop back...will check into the probs every1 was facing
    glad to hear that ur laptop ok... alien fyi..ur latest build was gr8 but 1 problem i'm facing is my gps won't work,it hangs... Sad by the way i'm using gamin moble xt...any1 facing same problem like me..?i have to revert back to stock rom... Sad
    jidhassler

Wont be updating more roms Empty Wont be updating more roms

Post  jidhassler Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 am

Hi Manas excellent ROMs here, most of us have been on the PPC platform for years now from PPC2003>wm5>wm6>wm6.1 & now wm6.5, its easy to move up from 2003 to 6.1 as the working layout is similar as in the start menu is in a list form, wm6.5 has eliminated it all Sad , I don't know if this is a general wm6.5 problem but i seriously can't cut a file from any one folder & paste in any other folder unless i create a new folder, no doubt the looks of my user interface has gone from ok to amazing with wm6.5, but I really miss the convinence of simple tasks like cut & paste, the start menu, the old keyboard layout, also if i want to have a personal theme & not choose the clasic blue/black the glossy tabs get replaced by <<...>>, you can see this at the home settings itself.

I like the wm6.5(16-Apr10) uploaded, but I will wait for the gprs not turning on issue to be sorted, fyi..im in India on Idea network & gprs worked fine on the your older 6.5 build which had bluetooth file sending issue.

Thus far the best ROMs for the P320 ever. Amazing work! cheers
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:24 am

Yaa Guys i'll Start working on rectifying the problems from today then i'll upload another test rom...And i m gonaa remove office and everything...And he Guy above this post...U r gonna like the start menu in the next build...at least i hope so...so Stay Tuned
    jiteshshahin

Wont be updating more roms Empty Dont remove the office please!!

Post  jiteshshahin Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:06 pm

manasgirdhar wrote:Yaa Guys i'll Start working on rectifying the problems from today then i'll upload another test rom...And i m gonaa remove office and everything...And he Guy above this post...U r gonna like the start menu in the next build...at least i hope so...so Stay Tuned

Please dont remove office!! Cannt use moblie without office
    nazri14

Post  nazri14 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:47 pm

jiteshshahin wrote:
    manasgirdhar wrote:Yaa Guys i'll Start working on rectifying the problems from today then i'll upload another test rom...And i m gonaa remove office and everything...And he Guy above this post...U r gonna like the start menu in the next build...at least i hope so...so Stay Tuned

yea...keep the office though... Sad
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:47 pm

nazri14 wrote:
    jiteshshahin wrote:

yea...keep the office though... Sad

ok....wont remove office then silent
    Aeric

Post  Aeric Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 pm

manasgirdhar wrote:
    Aeric wrote:Have you made backup? You didn't ask the shop to format your harddisk, do you? Smile

Nah...they wouldn't dare format it...My Laptop was fine...only the DVD drive was messed up...so no issues....In the Next build m thinking of giving it as a list in Start Menu...n did u know that the last build that i posted also has a magnifier by microsoft???
    Hi Manas,
    What list are you talking about?
    I don't know where I can use the magnifier but I see it when I run the remote desktop.
    Aeric

Post  Aeric Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm

nazri14 wrote:
    manasgirdhar wrote:Got My Laptop back...will check into the probs every1 was facing
    glad to hear that ur laptop ok... alien fyi..ur latest build was gr8 but 1 problem i'm facing is my gps won't work,it hangs... Sad by the way i'm using gamin moble xt...any1 facing same problem like me..?i have to revert back to stock rom... Sad
    Yes, I am also facing the same problem with Garmin Mobile XT.
    I tried MapKing but I lost my serial number and the map for Malaysia is not updated.
    I turned out to install iGo 8.3 with outdated Malaysia map. iGo can run but sometimes it quit itself and shows memory not enough.

My main purpose to purchase Asus P320 is for GPS. 2nd is for testing Mobile OS.
    nazri14

Post  nazri14 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Aeric wrote:
    nazri14 wrote:
    Yes, I am also facing the same problem with Garmin Mobile XT.
    I tried MapKing but I lost my serial number and the map for Malaysia is not updated.
    I turned out to install iGo 8.3 with outdated Malaysia map. iGo can run but sometimes it quit itself and shows memory not enough.

My main purpose to purchase Asus P320 is for GPS. 2nd is for testing Mobile OS.
    bro,wat map do used?malfreemaps or malsingmaps..?hopefully next roms won't hav trouble for garmin mobile... No
    nazri14

Post  nazri14 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Aeric wrote:
    manasgirdhar wrote:

Hi Manas,
    I don't know where I can use the magnifier but I see it when I run the remote desktop.
    yea..i notice that one...gud tool though..keep it for next rom also... Smile
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm

nazri14 wrote:
    Aeric wrote:
    manasgirdhar wrote:

Hi Manas,

i looked into every1's probs....The kernel that was used is unstable i think.....m building a test rom with another kernel...hopefully that will resolve the probs...will check it out and get back to u guys

Edit:I was able to fix the GPS problem...now working on fixing GPRS problem
    nazri14

Post  nazri14 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:59 pm

manasgirdhar wrote:
    nazri14 wrote:
    Aeric wrote:
    manasgirdhar wrote:

Hi Manas,

i looked into every1's probs....The kernel that was used is unstable i think.....m building a test rom with another kernel...hopefully that will resolve the probs...will check it out and get back to u guys

Edit:I was able to fix the GPS problem...now working on fixing GPRS problem
    alrite bro..can't wait to test the new rom.
    animesh

Post  animesh Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:39 am

Hi manas,

First of all thank a ton for ur effort.....I really appreciate the way u build roms.....its terrific.....the most amazing part is all ur roms are stable.....

well i have one issue....while in a conference call after some time the phone dosent show any active call.....and if i try to disconnect the call...i cant.....all i have to do is to switch off the phone and switch on again.....

i hope u will find the solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Animesh
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:03 pm

animesh wrote:Hi manas,

First of all thank a ton for ur effort.....I really appreciate the way u build roms.....its terrific.....the most amazing part is all ur roms are stable.....

well i have one issue....while in a conference call after some time the phone dosent show any active call.....and if i try to disconnect the call...i cant.....all i have to do is to switch off the phone and switch on again.....

i hope u will find the solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Animesh

Yaa...I faced that prob also...could u tell me which build are you using???
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:34 pm

New Rom coming soon
    Aeric

Post  Aeric Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:29 pm

For the ROM with Manila 2D, I tried to uninstall all the programs using "Remove Programs" in Start->Settings-> System. I try to run Garmin Mobile XT. It is running. I think this is because the internal storage has been free up and allow more virtual memory or swap to run application that consume more memory. Surprised

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:44 pm