Windows Mobile Board for ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Devices

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones

+32
loklok
cccy
Aijaz
ak5589
ze_p3dr0
Aby
Blade0rz
sidd89
Aragorn2903
mjkn79
rk19801
drshashi
anek_2002
nipunambastha
rayraven
Tubuss
jj080882
avalon.ask
robi.fava
RoCKeR
neo0xyle
joasus
nmvikram
nikworld08
drunkenn
a4rocks
smart2smart
firewolf
slammer2x
appuchikku
lovewithnone
navx2vad
36 posters

Update : Rom Release 23016

RoCKeR

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 5 Empty Re: Update : Rom Release 23016

Post  RoCKeR Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:53 am

rk19801 wrote:
    RoCKeR wrote:The ROM is really good, but comes with a prize...I lost my IMEI. Initially the rom worked seamlessly, after few days I started facing hearing problems during calls..

After few google clicks, I realized that restoring some files can fix this issue. eg gsmparam.cfg which holds the IMEI information...never took a backup and am paying a prize for it..

So people if you are using this rom make sure you take the backup of the file..which later on can be used to recover the IMEI.

My phone is still in warranty period planning to hit the service center, not too sure of they can fix this or I have to replace the Motherbord hurting my pocket....

Dear friend
    please give me that software so i can take my phone iei back up.

http://www.resco.net/palm/backup/
    or
    http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/?en

use google for crack
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 pm

RoCKeR wrote:The ROM is really good, but comes with a prize...I lost my IMEI. Initially the rom worked seamlessly, after few days I started facing hearing problems during calls..

After few google clicks, I realized that restoring some files can fix this issue. eg gsmparam.cfg which holds the IMEI information...never took a backup and am paying a prize for it..

So people if you are using this rom make sure you take the backup of the file..which later on can be used to recover the IMEI.

My phone is still in warranty period planning to hit the service center, not too sure of they can fix this or I have to replace the Motherbord hurting my pocket....

jus FYI: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509450
    mjkn79

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 5 Empty Installed the rom sucessfully, no bugs observed m/

Post  mjkn79 Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Am new to the forum, just got registered today. Thought about sharing my experience with the ROM build

The installation went smooth no problems whatsoever. Like a good boy the first thing i did was upgrade to ver 4.15 ROM from Asus the moment it had come out. BT mac, IMIE all perfect post upgrade to WM 6.5.

It took a reboot after the complete setup for the phone to respond smoothly and find the network though, i guess it might have been configuring something in the background although the today screen was up, so i let it be for about 2 mins and then did a restart. The ROM is working perfectly fine.

Thanks a ton... navx2vad Very Happy the device actually is more usable now. In fact Microsoft i feel, should offer a free upgrade to existing customers as this is what a ppc OS should have been in first place.

The one reason why i feel most people are having issues with IMIE BT and GSM Radio related issues is because the y dont have the lateste version of the official ROM.

One query though, how can i add a weather plug-in to the "Today" screen Question
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:14 pm

mjkn79 wrote:Am new to the forum, just got registered today. Thought about sharing my experience with the ROM build

The installation went smooth no problems whatsoever. Like a good boy the first thing i did was upgrade to ver 4.15 ROM from Asus the moment it had come out. BT mac, IMIE all perfect post upgrade to WM 6.5.

It took a reboot after the complete setup for the phone to respond smoothly and find the network though, i guess it might have been configuring something in the background although the today screen was up, so i let it be for about 2 mins and then did a restart. The ROM is working perfectly fine.

Thanks a ton... navx2vad Very Happy the device actually is more usable now. In fact Microsoft i feel, should offer a free upgrade to existing customers as this is what a ppc OS should have been in first place.

The one reason why i feel most people are having issues with IMIE BT and GSM Radio related issues is because the y dont have the lateste version of the official ROM.

One query though, how can i add a weather plug-in to the "Today" screen Question
    Hi mjkn79,
    Let me answer to some of your questions now,
    The WM6.5 upgrade is device related so if Microsoft need to offer this free, they need to contact all the device manufacturers and work this out. Basically, this is just a version update and not a whole kernel change so they will be (or should be) offering it for free but all depends on device manufacturers on how fast they get cooking this ROM.

Regarding IMEI and BT MAC problem, it is not because of not updating to latest official ROM because all do report that they have updated to the latest one. So no question arises regarding that. It is some other problem regarding the size of the FLASH.BIN file I think. Not so sure.

To add the weather plug-in, you must have Mortscript installed on P320. Search for Mortscript online and then download. Then, find the latest weather plugin from mnemonique in the link below-
    Code:
    http://mhike.cebuitsolutions.com/2009/06/14/technology/windowsmobile/titanium-weather-v3e-released-for-windows-mobile-6-5-qvga-devices/
    If the weather plugin still doesn't work, install the CHome Editor and it should work then. Hope you have a lot of fun using it. All the Best and enjoy. Basketball
    Aragorn2903

Post  Aragorn2903 Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    mjkn79 wrote:Am new to the forum, just got registered today. Thought about sharing my experience with the ROM build

Hi mjkn79,
    Let me answer to some of your questions now,
    The WM6.5 upgrade is device related so if Microsoft need to offer this free, they need to contact all the device manufacturers and work this out. Basically, this is just a version update and not a whole kernel change so they will be (or should be) offering it for free but all depends on device manufacturers on how fast they get cooking this ROM.

Regarding IMEI and BT MAC problem, it is not because of not updating to latest official ROM because all do report that they have updated to the latest one. So no question arises regarding that. It is some other problem regarding the size of the FLASH.BIN file I think. Not so sure.

To add the weather plug-in, you must have Mortscript installed on P320. Search for Mortscript online and then download. Then, find the latest weather plugin from mnemonique in the link below-
    Code:
    http://mhike.cebuitsolutions.com/2009/06/14/technology/windowsmobile/titanium-weather-v3e-released-for-windows-mobile-6-5-qvga-devices/
    If the weather plugin still doesn't work, install the CHome Editor and it should work then. Hope you have a lot of fun using it. All the Best and enjoy. Basketball

I have updated the 4.15 wwe latest rom an i lost my imei and bt mac. Please help me
    mjkn79

Post  mjkn79 Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi a4rocks,

Just got a small query which i guess you might be able to help me with, i was fiddling around with the today themes and now i am not able to get back to the default theme in the ROM which comes up by default any idea how to get back to that ?...
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:17 pm

I did update the latest version of the official ROM before upgrading to this rom...apparently the phone worked flawlessly for 2-3 days...and then boom...IMEI corrupt..I hope this does not happen in ur phone..Razz
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Am li'll curious, why the pro's are not replying to this thread...navx2vad, hubli....guys plzz comment something
    mjkn79

Post  mjkn79 Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:26 pm

RoCKeR wrote:

I did update the latest version of the official ROM before upgrading to this rom...apparently the phone worked flawlessly for 2-3 days...and then boom...IMEI corrupt..I hope this does not happen in ur phone..Razz

Thats too bad I just hope nothing like that happens to my phone, Shocked btw i have kept a backup of the paramcfg file just in case.. So which build or ROM are u on now ?
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:03 am

mjkn79 wrote:

Thats too bad I just hope nothing like that happens to my phone, Shocked btw i have kept a backup of the paramcfg file just in case.. So which build or ROM are u on now ?

I have submitted the phone to asus service center and reported them about the call problems..but haven't told them about the IMEI corrupt...its still in warranty ...lets c wht happens next....
    nipunambastha

Post  nipunambastha Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 am

RoCKeR wrote:
    mjkn79 wrote:

I have submitted the phone to asus service center and reported them about the call problems..but haven't told them about the IMEI corrupt...its still in warranty ...lets c wht happens next....

Hi There,

I faced the same problem, my Device worked for a day and got IMEI corrupted the next day. Hdubli mentioned that if we degrade to 4.15 version the IMEI will be resotred. I tried it and found it back there.
    So if you give a try.
    For service have finger crossed.
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:41 am

nipunambastha wrote:
    RoCKeR wrote:
    mjkn79 wrote:

Hi There,

I faced the same problem, my Device worked for a day and got IMEI corrupted the next day. Hdubli mentioned that if we degrade to 4.15 version the IMEI will be resotred. I tried it and found it back there.
    So if you give a try.
    For service have finger crossed.

I tried flashing it with official WM 6.1 4.15 ...but no luck..requested pro's to update us with some information but never received any response...in the end, I had no other option than visiting the service center...

Even whn I went to the service center the engg. reflashed the phone with 4.15...but he didn't notice the IMEI problem... Laughing
    mjkn79

Post  mjkn79 Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:46 am

Problem while receiving calls... affraid

I was working on my PC, the phone was lying close by, i heard a buzzing sound from the computer speaker, i thought that a call or SMS might come in but the phone only woke up and the backlight came on but no other activity other than that.

Then i tried calling up my number from my Telephone landline, i could see the phone backlight coming on but it stays in the today screen and doesn't show that a call is coming, any solution ....

I can see two probs in my case,

1) It didn't show that there was a call coming in although i could hear the ring on the other phone ..
    2) It doesn't show up in the missed call or call history although the phone's backlight comes on the moment i could hear the ring in the telephone landline ...
    nipunambastha

Post  nipunambastha Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 am

Thats new issue...

I dont think others are facing the same but however if its an issue its an issue.

Have to see what can be done for this
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 am

mjkn79 wrote:Problem while receiving calls... affraid

I was working on my PC, the phone was lying close by, i heard a buzzing sound from the computer speaker, i thought that a call or SMS might come in but the phone only woke up and the backlight came on but no other activity other than that.

Then i tried calling up my number from my Telephone landline, i could see the phone backlight coming on but it stays in the today screen and doesn't show that a call is coming, any solution ....

I can see two probs in my case,

1) It didn't show that there was a call coming in although i could hear the ring on the other phone ..
    2) It doesn't show up in the missed call or call history although the phone's backlight comes on the moment i could hear the ring in the telephone landline ...

I had the same problem before my IMEI got corrupt...buddy I would recommend you to switch back to wm 6.1 4.15 ...also chk ur IMEI no...
    mjkn79

Post  mjkn79 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am

Looks like i will have to switch back to 6.1 rom as ther are some apparent call related issues Sad . Something new just turned up a while back, if i make a call i cant hear the other party but if they call back then i am able to hear them over the earpiece.
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:44 pm

With all the people reporting so many problem, I think this new ROM is very much at fault. Actually, the ROM everyone is currently using is an updated 23016 ROM. I am using the one before it was updated. Looks like the earlier one itself is pretty good and the later ones at fault. Now, I think I would be better off suggesting everyone that-

Please do not download try this build as this has some apparent issues. I will try and post the link to the older build. Till then, try other builds but looks like this one has apparent issues

Everyone, please stay calm and before trying out any build of WM6.5, please take a complete backup of your phone including the file gsmparam.cfg. I will recommend to all those who have tried navx2vad's newer 23016 build, please revert to the latest official firmware provided by ASUS as soon as possible. Looks like there is a problem with this build.

Last edited by a4rocks on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:49 pm

OK, here is the link to the earlier ROM which is also 23016 which I am using without any problems. It doesn't have the HTC Phone Canvas. Go ahead and try this one out. I am sure this one is better than the rest. Only it eats up a bit more memory than other builds, but it's fine and good. No problems for me with this. Use it and tell me.
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mzuwyyzwam3

Last edited by a4rocks on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nipunambastha

Post  nipunambastha Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:55 pm

a4rocks wrote:OK, here is the link to the earlier ROM which is also 23016 which I am using without any problems. It doesn't have the HT Phone Canvas. Go ahead and try this one out. I am sure this one is better than the rest. Only it eats up a bit more memory than other builds, but it's fine and good. No problems for me with this. Use it and tell me.
    Code:

Boss,
    I have few question

Is call log problem overcome in this?
    Which version is this?
    What is difference with the latest build?
    Whats making it eat up memory?
    How about the speed?
    mjkn79

Post  mjkn79 Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:24 pm

a4rocks wrote:OK, here is the link to the earlier ROM which is also 23016 which I am using without any problems. It doesn't have the HT Phone Canvas. Go ahead and try this one out. I am sure this one is better than the rest. Only it eats up a bit more memory than other builds, but it's fine and good. No problems for me with this. Use it and tell me.
    Code:

Am on it bro, lemme chk n see how this one turns out to be. cheers
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:37 pm

nipunambastha wrote:Boss,
    I have few question

Is call log problem overcome in this?
    Which version is this?
    What is difference with the latest build?
    Whats making it eat up memory?
    How about the speed?
    Hi Nipunambastha,
    As far as I am using it, it doesn't have any problems and works great.

This is the non-updated earlier version of 23016 build which navx2vad has removed now but I have put it up back again since I am not experiencing any problems with this.

This is not the latest build but rather a bit old and nothing very new about it except that this build is more or less complete and just doesn't lack in deficiencies.

I have no idea what's making up eat the memory but one thing I know, it eats up a bit of a memory but you shouldn't have much problems working with it unless you go for some real multi-tasking which isn't possible with the original ASUS P320 with WM6.1

Speed is fine and quite good. I am rather enjoying using this build. Complete in more or less all respects. Just it lacks the sending MMS option otherwise this is one heck of a build and people having problems now have a reason for not whining anymore. Just kidding. Cool

Please try it and tell your responses in this forum as soon as possible.

Last edited by a4rocks on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some info)
    joasus

Post  joasus Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:54 pm

last rom the Russians, it is WM 6.5 HS + + Touch2 (CE 5.2.23025 Build 23025.5.3.0)

obviously, will not soon see a new version here
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 am

joasus wrote:last rom the Russians, it is WM 6.5 HS + + Touch2 (CE 5.2.23025 Build 23025.5.3.0)

obviously, will not soon see a new version here

Existing roms are buggy (no pun intended) and u expecting some new 1's....
    mjkn79

Post  mjkn79 Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:48 am

a4rocks wrote:OK, here is the link to the earlier ROM which is also 23016 which I am using without any problems. It doesn't have the HTC Phone Canvas. Go ahead and try this one out. I am sure this one is better than the rest. Only it eats up a bit more memory than other builds, but it's fine and good. No problems for me with this. Use it and tell me.
    Code:

I installed this ROM yesterday night, didn't face any problems until now. Will keep checking and update after sometime ...
    nipunambastha

Post  nipunambastha Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:56 am

I too installed it..
    Lets c how it works
    downloading was really frustrating, i had try different browsers IE,FF then atlast it downloaded at chrome

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:55 pm