Windows Mobile Board for ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Devices

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones

+32
loklok
cccy
Aijaz
ak5589
ze_p3dr0
Aby
Blade0rz
sidd89
Aragorn2903
mjkn79
rk19801
drshashi
anek_2002
nipunambastha
rayraven
Tubuss
jj080882
avalon.ask
robi.fava
RoCKeR
neo0xyle
joasus
nmvikram
nikworld08
drunkenn
a4rocks
smart2smart
firewolf
slammer2x
appuchikku
lovewithnone
navx2vad
36 posters

Update : Rom Release 23016

slammer2x

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 6 Empty ...

Post  slammer2x Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:54 pm

how long time that we will have a new rom??? cheers I'm ready to test and feedback.
    nipunambastha

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 6 Empty Re: Update : Rom Release 23016

Post  nipunambastha Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:56 pm

slammer2x wrote:how long time that we will have a new rom??? cheers I'm ready to test and feedback.

Well we recently have new roms but its having bugs,the roms which is in previous replies try that, we r testing this.
    Why dont u flash it and test it.
    sidd89

Post  sidd89 Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm interested in testing the new rom. But how do i take a backup? is resco backup enough?

And where do i get the stock rom
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:01 am

sidd89 wrote:I'm interested in testing the new rom. But how do i take a backup? is resco backup enough?

Regarding taking backup, I think Resco Backup and SPB Backup are more than enough to take full backups. But you don't really need to take a full backup. Backup the file gsmparam.cfg. That is the actual file and in case of any problems while flashing, just restore this gsmparam.cfg and you are fine.

Regarding the source from where you will get the stock ROM or the official firmwares, go to the link below-
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Just select the ASUS P320 to download it's firmware from the site.

But before trying any WM6.5 build, please update to the latest official firmware 4.15 or 4.16 depending on the region where you live in. This will ensure that your upgrade should be more or less safe to WM6.5. But even then, ensure that you are aware that this is a risky thing and that you will be proceeding at your own discretion. But then, I don't think I should spoil the party for you. Go ahead, try it and I am sure you will like using WM6.5. sunny
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 6 Empty New 23025 ROM

Post  a4rocks Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:43 am

slammer2x wrote:how long time that we will have a new rom??? cheers I'm ready to test and feedback.
    I am trying to put together the 23025 ROM for the ASUS P320. Not getting quite a few things but nevertheless, trying my best to make it come out. I think I am making a slight problem somewhere but don't exactly know where. Wish me all the best in getting this ROM out. Hope I will be able to achieve success very soon. All fingers crossed. king
    nipunambastha

Post  nipunambastha Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:10 am

Going good

Last edited by nipunambastha on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    nipunambastha

Post  nipunambastha Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:24 am

[quote="mjkn79"]
    a4rocks wrote:OK, here is the link to the earlier ROM which is also 23016 which I am using without any problems. It doesn't have the HTC Phone Canvas. Go ahead and try this one out. I am sure this one is better than the rest. Only it eats up a bit more memory than other builds, but it's fine and good. No problems for me with this. Use it and tell me.
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mzuwyyzwam3

Going good so far....
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:34 am

Just run into a huge hiccup with my OS itself. Windows 7 just doesn't let me view the system files due to which I can't see the Windows folder of my ASUS P320 and also because of which I just can't cook the ROM because of it's inability to show me the DSM files. I need help here. navx2vad and hdubli, where are you guys? Come on and put our development ahead. You guys suddenly seem to have gone in the shadows.
    firewolf
    firewolf

Post  firewolf Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:16 pm

a4rocks wrote:Just run into a huge hiccup with my OS itself. Windows 7 just doesn't let me view the system files due to which I can't see the Windows folder of my ASUS P320 and also because of which I just can't cook the ROM because of it's inability to show me the DSM files. I need help here. navx2vad and hdubli, where are you guys? Come on and put our development ahead. You guys suddenly seem to have gone in the shadows.

Go to Windows Explorer's menu / Tools / Folder Options... / View
    and deselect "Hide protected operating system files". Then hit OK and you have to see now \Windows folder!
    sidd89

Post  sidd89 Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:32 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    sidd89 wrote:I'm interested in testing the new rom. But how do i take a backup? is resco backup enough?

Regarding taking backup, I think Resco Backup and SPB Backup are more than enough to take full backups. But you don't really need to take a full backup. Backup the file gsmparam.cfg. That is the actual file and in case of any problems while flashing, just restore this gsmparam.cfg and you are fine.

Regarding the source from where you will get the stock ROM or the official firmwares, go to the link below-
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Just select the ASUS P320 to download it's firmware from the site.

But before trying any WM6.5 build, please update to the latest official firmware 4.15 or 4.16 depending on the region where you live in. This will ensure that your upgrade should be more or less safe to WM6.5. But even then, ensure that you are aware that this is a risky thing and that you will be proceeding at your own discretion. But then, I don't think I should spoil the party for you. Go ahead, try it and I am sure you will like using WM6.5. sunny

thanks a4rocks!! I installed the Wm6.5 you suggested. and it works like a charm. Great job.. I'm facing no problems..
    Thanks again
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:18 pm

firewolf wrote:
    a4rocks wrote:Just run into a huge hiccup with my OS itself. Windows 7 just doesn't let me view the system files due to which I can't see the Windows folder of my ASUS P320 and also because of which I just can't cook the ROM because of it's inability to show me the DSM files. I need help here. navx2vad and hdubli, where are you guys? Come on and put our development ahead. You guys suddenly seem to have gone in the shadows.

Go to Windows Explorer's menu / Tools / Folder Options... / View
    and deselect "Hide protected operating system files". Then hit OK and you have to see now \Windows folder!
    Oh man, you have saved my life. What a thanks to you. I just can't mention it. Damn me. After being a Windows enthusiast for such a long time, I never realised this option even existed. Duh! lol!

Thanks, looks like it's go time for me. If I am able to release this ROM eventually, you will share all the credits for this firewolf. Thanks again man. I owe you one. Cool
    firewolf
    firewolf

Post  firewolf Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 pm

You're welcome! Smile Hope to see soon some new builder and some more ROMs.
    nmvikram

Post  nmvikram Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:53 pm

@ A4ROCKS buddy please include M2d Mega and high res icons from XDA forum
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:41 am

nmvikram wrote:@ A4ROCKS buddy please include M2d Mega and high res icons from XDA forum
    I will surely do that once I come up with a first build of mine. Then, I can start experimenting with some things. Cool

But be rest assured that I will work hard to fulfill everyone's requests. All I need is a bit more time and some luck and hope everything just comes out perfect and just as I want. Idea
    nmvikram

Post  nmvikram Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:00 am

a4rocks wrote:
    nmvikram wrote:@ A4ROCKS buddy please include M2d Mega and high res icons from XDA forum
    I will surely do that once I come up with a first build of mine. Then, I can start experimenting with some things. Cool

But be rest assured that I will work hard to fulfill everyone's requests. All I need is a bit more time and some luck and hope everything just comes out perfect and just as I want. Idea
    but where are the other pros man navx2vad, hudbli, Xplode hope they havent switched phones
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:06 am

nmvikram wrote:but where are the other pros man navx2vad, hudbli, Xplode hope they havent switched phones
    navx2vad was quite active until recently but hdubli has been out of action for quite some time as it is happening in the recent past. xplode in all probability has changed his phone since he is nowhere to be seen now. He has been inactive for a very very long time. Although, I do hope he comes back soon for us. Surprised
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:05 am

OK guys, running into a small error here. I have dumped all the required files into the SYS folder and then start using BuildOS but it always comes up with the error in the beginning only that it could not find imageinfo.bin within the temp folder. I don't know why this error is coming but I think I am making some small mistake here. Haven't kept anything in the OEM folder. Is that a reason? Just getting confused. Come on ROM cookers. Help here. I am sure just one help will go a long way in building ROMs. Hope to see a reply very very soon.
    Blade0rz

Post  Blade0rz Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:58 pm

a4rocks wrote:OK guys, running into a small error here. I have dumped all the required files into the SYS folder and then start using BuildOS but it always comes up with the error in the beginning only that it could not find imageinfo.bin within the temp folder. I don't know why this error is coming but I think I am making some small mistake here. Haven't kept anything in the OEM folder. Is that a reason? Just getting confused. Come on ROM cookers. Help here. I am sure just one help will go a long way in building ROMs. Hope to see a reply very very soon.
    I don't have a P320, but this error means you are missing an imageinfo.bin file in one of your packages within the SYS folder. BuildOS should tell you where in it's statusbar: "Last Directory..." or something similar. Make sure you copy all the files from your new SYS package into the SYS folder. I always get my SYS from here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445

.ROM, .VM, Metadata folders all need to come from an original P320 ROM and need to be copied into the new SYS.
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:14 pm

Blade0rz wrote:I don't have a P320, but this error means you are missing an imageinfo.bin file in one of your packages within the SYS folder. BuildOS should tell you where in it's statusbar: "Last Directory..." or something similar. Make sure you copy all the files from your new SYS package into the SYS folder. I always get my SYS from here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445

.ROM, .VM, Metadata folders all need to come from an original P320 ROM and need to be copied into the new SYS.
    Hey there,
    Thanks for the help. But can you tell me how I can get the .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders from the original P320 ROM. Sorry if I might be asking a very silly question to do this stuff.

I did exactly that by dumping all the required SYS file for the resolution 240x320 and DPI 96 but it still comes up with the same error. I don't know where I might be going wrong? Question
    Blade0rz

Post  Blade0rz Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:41 pm

a4rocks wrote:Hey there,
    Thanks for the help. But can you tell me how I can get the .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders from the original P320 ROM. Sorry if I might be asking a very silly question to do this stuff.

I did exactly that by dumping all the required SYS file for the resolution 240x320 and DPI 96 but it still comes up with the same error. I don't know where I might be going wrong? Question
    Did you look for the directory in BuildOS? It should say in the statusbar where the file should be. Which SYS are you using? Try one from Da_G's XDA thread above.

As for the .ROM/.VM/Metadata, it depends how your original ROM is packaged. On the P565 we have an .abi file which can be extracted with p835abisplit2. This gives us an .nb0 file which contains the IMGFS, XIP & BOOT. You need the IMGFS.bin from this for your P320. (I use osnbtool for P565) Then follow these steps:
    1. Use ImgfsToDump.exe on IMGFS.bin to get a "dump" folder
    2. Use PKGTool.exe on the resulting dump folder to get "SYS" and "OEM" folders
    3. Copy .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders from this SYS folder into your new SYS folder
    4. Copy the entire OEM directory into the base of your kitchen, along with your SYS
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Blade0rz wrote:Did you look for the directory in BuildOS? It should say in the statusbar where the file should be. Which SYS are you using? Try one from Da_G's XDA thread above.

As for the .ROM/.VM/Metadata, it depends how your original ROM is packaged. On the P565 we have an .abi file which can be extracted with p835abisplit2. This gives us an .nb0 file which contains the IMGFS, XIP & BOOT. You need the IMGFS.bin from this for your P320. (I use osnbtool for P565) Then follow these steps:
    1. Use ImgfsToDump.exe on IMGFS.bin to get a "dump" folder
    2. Use PKGTool.exe on the resulting dump folder to get "SYS" and "OEM" folders
    3. Copy .ROM, .VM and Metadata folders from this SYS folder into your new SYS folder
    4. Copy the entire OEM directory into the base of your kitchen, along with your SYS
    Hi there again, sorry to disturb you man. I got everything until step 3 but I just didn't get the step 4. I don't have anything in my OEM folder. Is it required? I have achieved success till Step 3 at least. And yes, I am using the build 23025 from Da_G's XDA thread. At least hdubli had all the IMGFS.bin file prepared in his kitchen. Makes my work a lot lot more easier. Could we come and chat. I think that would be a lot better. If possible, please PM me all your chat IDs to me to the protocols you have registered. Windows Live, Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger are fine for me. Thanks for your help again. Cool
    firewolf
    firewolf

Post  firewolf Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 am

I GOT IT!!! :DYou have to put FLASH.BIN inside the folder called "ROM" (it is used as template). Then run the tool... But i'm not so sure which version to put inside...
    jj080882
    jj080882

Post  jj080882 Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    jj080882 wrote:Hello, I am eus Germany. Apologies my bad English.

If I want to install the Rom, the error always comes "This Software is only support the "" device. Ensure that your device is the right type.".
    Have you updated your ASUS P320 to the latest official ROM provided by ASUS which is the 4.15 WWE version? It is very important to do that. Plus, verify if you are following the exact procedure to flash the firmware. Also, ensure that you have downloaded the correct ROM version specific for this device only.

It's all up to date. In what could be the reason?
    Aby

Post  Aby Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:13 pm

...was earlier using hdubli ROM 21234, i had similar problems as others Sad... as in miss call not being registered, then after searching i various forums found a solution in form of ks20 which worked magic.

the signals were fluctuating very regularly resulting in my no being 'not reachable' Sad quite often.

then i decided to flash with Release 23016, had a very typical problem not recorded in this forum, when i received a call, it was OK, but when i made a call neither I not the Other side could hear each other. Sad

then re-Flashed with the previous version of 23016 as mentioned in post#118, the one without Phone canvas, it worked smooth with no voice or network problem Smile...

then i decided to install Phone canvas, ola! the same problem started again, i could receive call but could not make a call Sad , so i had to Hard reset and remove the phone canvas ... so far the phone is working smooth, just that my GPRS is not working, it didn't work either with 21234...

will test it further and let you guys know more.... till then...

hope we're all enjoying using Win 6.5 Smile
    RoCKeR

Post  RoCKeR Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:34 am

RoCKeR wrote:The ROM is really good, but comes with a prize...I lost my IMEI. Initially the rom worked seamlessly, after few days I started facing hearing problems during calls..

After few google clicks, I realized that restoring some files can fix this issue. eg gsmparam.cfg which holds the IMEI information...never took a backup and am paying a prize for it..

So people if you are using this rom make sure you take the backup of the file..which later on can be used to recover the IMEI.

My phone is still in warranty period planning to hit the service center, not too sure of they can fix this or I have to replace the Motherbord hurting my pocket....

Yeppi cheers ..I got ma motherboard replaced from Asus service center....So if your phone is in warranty..visit the service center and report them about the call problem not about the IMEI corrupt...and ya if possible downgrade ur phone to asus official rom wm 6.1 v10 or v13...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:34 pm