Windows Mobile Board for ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Devices

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones

+32
loklok
cccy
Aijaz
ak5589
ze_p3dr0
Aby
Blade0rz
sidd89
Aragorn2903
mjkn79
rk19801
drshashi
anek_2002
nipunambastha
rayraven
Tubuss
jj080882
avalon.ask
robi.fava
RoCKeR
neo0xyle
joasus
nmvikram
nikworld08
drunkenn
a4rocks
smart2smart
firewolf
slammer2x
appuchikku
lovewithnone
navx2vad
36 posters

Update : Rom Release 23016

slammer2x

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty ....

Post  slammer2x Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:10 pm

This rom is quite good except phone system , I thinks it cause from radio rom.Because i'd been try almost custom rom which build over official rom have phone trouble.But official rom which is modified doesn't have any trouble. Apologize for my English skill. Very Happy
    lovewithnone

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty Re: Update : Rom Release 23016

Post  lovewithnone Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 pm

I have switched back to original 4.15 firmware(6.1) till the time not hearing the caller gets resolved.

Apart from this problem it is a good rom.
    robi.fava

Post  robi.fava Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:26 am

navx2vad wrote:hi guys..
    Releasing the latest build, version 23016.
    CE OS 5.2.23016 (Build 23016.5.3.0)

Guys, I've connected my P320 with my pc (Vista) & after few seconds my P320 was dead.
    So I've decided to try this WM6.5 version, but I have lots of problems. I hope that some of you can help me! I don't want to call the ASUS service!

During the installation I have this voices:
    Init SD control
    IPL: Insert SD CARD
    Get MBR success
    start find images
    can't find galaxymini-on.raw!
    can't find 850_GAX_SD.bin!
    find FLASH.BIN!
    can't find GSM.BIN!
    can't find GSM.RAW!
    can't find EXT.ROM.NBO!
    WritetoFlash: "number" (or Read SD busy)

After the Reboot my p320 is blocked with the blue screen asus etc etc ... and that:
    BTLR 3.1
    ROM e:Touch6................_WWE
    (
    I can't reinstall either the original firmware, (i've insert the 2577 and all the rest, but nothing Sad ) so my P320 now is dead.

I really don't know how I can do.

Help please
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:08 pm

robi.fava wrote:

Guys, I've connected my P320 with my pc (Vista) & after few seconds my P320 was dead.
    So I've decided to try this WM6.5 version, but I have lots of problems. I hope that some of you can help me! I don't want to call the ASUS service!

Init SD control
    Get MBR success
    start find images
    find FLASH.BIN!
    can't find GSM.BIN!
    can't find GSM.RAW!
    can't find EXT.ROM.NBO!

After the Reboot my p320 is blocked with the blue screen asus etc etc ... and that:
    BTLR 3.1
    (
    I can't reinstall either the original firmware, (i've insert the 2577 and all the rest, but nothing Sad ) so my P320 now is dead.

Help please
    Hi robi.fava,
    Try the other WM6.5 builds in this forum. Just use the same procedure and flash. They might surely work. From what you are saying, it is clearly evident that some problem happened when you were flashing your phone and as a result it didn't complete. Can you verify if your storage card has had some issues previously or is having copy pasting issues?

You can also try the 21231 Titanium enabled ROM. Keep trying it. I am sure it is only a small error and nothing much. Seems like a memory card problem. Rest assured, this build is perfectly fine and works superb. In fact, why don't you try and flash this build again. No need to go to ASUS unless none of the builds work for you. There are quite a lot of builds for you to choose. Wish you all the best and I am sure, in no time, you will be up and running again and in fact calling me first. Laughing Cool
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty Why so many people having phone problems?

Post  a4rocks Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Now, I am seeing quite a lot of people with the problem of not hearing the other person or the other person hearing you. I thought that this was some kind of a problem only restricted to a very few devices. Lucily, I am free of this.

@slammer2x,
    Did you update to ASUS's latest 4.15 WWE ROM before trying out this ROM? If you did, then you are really alone because this is a problem which many are facing but many just don't have the solutions. Hope we have a solution for this soon.
    avalon.ask

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty Russian 6.5 ROM did not have such a problems

Post  avalon.ask Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi there.

The Russians also are building 6.5 roms and they didn't have problems with network and other stuff. They are released the kitchen so this may help Arrow

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//asusmobile.ru/board/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D18117&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=windows-1251
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm

avalon.ask wrote:Hi there.

The Russians also are building 6.5 roms and they didn't have problems with network and other stuff. They are released the kitchen so this may help Arrow

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//asusmobile.ru/board/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D18117&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=windows-1251
    Looks super and interesting. Will it work for English language devices? I really doubt that but that ROM just looks too good to ignore. Come on guys out here - hdubli, xplode and navx2vad, release something superb. Anything perfect and I will be ready to take the ROM even if it is a paid release. The Manilla 2D is the russian ROM looks too good to resist. Too bad we won't get it in English right now.

Free RAM is 18 MB on start! Mind-boggling! With M2D, it doesn't really look possible but seems it's done here. Am really anticipating a build like this in the future. Come on cookers, do it. This has just prompted myself to try and get into some cooking myself. Cool
    avalon.ask

Post  avalon.ask Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:14 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    avalon.ask wrote:Hi there.

Looks super and interesting. Will it work for English language devices? I really doubt that but that ROM just looks too good to ignore. Come on guys out here - hdubli, xplode and navx2vad, release something superb. Anything perfect and I will be ready to take the ROM even if it is a paid release. The Manilla 2D is the russian ROM looks too good to resist. Too bad we won't get it in English right now.

Free RAM is 18 MB on start! Mind-boggling! With M2D, it doesn't really look possible but seems it's done here. Am really anticipating a build like this in the future. Come on cookers, do it. This has just prompted myself to try and get into some cooking myself. Cool

They are done only russian rom and we must cook with their kitchen our WWE rom.
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:20 pm

avalon.ask wrote:They are done only russian rom and we must cook with their kitchen our WWE rom.
    Sad

I hope soomebody here does it soon. I am pretty sure we have a hell lot more better cookers than the Russians. Come on guys, gear up, I think it's war time. Smile

I will be more than happy to wait for this for a few days. Would like to get my hands on it as soon as possible. Cool
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:21 am

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 3791280638_341980b7d8Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 3791280982_01cc578167Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 3791281374_575055e5c7Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 3791281748_49355149b9

My WM6.5 installation. Got Titanium working on it. Installed Mortscript and CHome Editor to make this work. Cool

This is the same ROM as navx2vad posted, the 23016 build. Works cool and enjoying the full advantages of my customised phone. It's a hell lot of fun. Thanks again navx2vad.
    robi.fava

Post  robi.fava Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:51 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    robi.fava wrote:

Init SD control
    Get MBR success
    start find images
    find FLASH.BIN!
    can't find GSM.BIN!
    can't find GSM.RAW!
    can't find EXT.ROM.NBO!

BTLR 3.1
    (

Help please
    Hi robi.fava,
    Try the other WM6.5 builds in this forum. Just use the same procedure and flash. They might surely work. From what you are saying, it is clearly evident that some problem happened when you were flashing your phone and as a result it didn't complete. Can you verify if your storage card has had some issues previously or is having copy pasting issues?

You can also try the 21231 Titanium enabled ROM. Keep trying it. I am sure it is only a small error and nothing much. Seems like a memory card problem. Rest assured, this build is perfectly fine and works superb. In fact, why don't you try and flash this build again. No need to go to ASUS unless none of the builds work for you. There are quite a lot of builds for you to choose. Wish you all the best and I am sure, in no time, you will be up and running again and in fact calling me first. Laughing Cool

thanks navx2vad for your response,
    but nothing happens after 12 rebooting and flashing process ...
    I think that the down sound button and the reset button are almost broken!

I've tried all the versions of WM6.5 for my P320, and I tried also all the versions of WM6.1 token from the ASUS website.
    My P320 is blocked at the first screen when I try to install WM6.5 firmware(BTLR 3.1 and WM6.5 "different version").

Now I'm Using 2 different microSDcard, but the results it's the same ... nothing!

With the 6.1 firmware (Italian version)I have no possibilities. So now I remain with this blue screen and:
    BTLR 3.1
    ROM 6.5.e_touc_222_WWE

My first first problem was the blue screen when I've connected my P320 with my laptop with USB & Windows Mobile Device Center. It's possible that this problem had cancelled from my smarthphone all this files:

galaxymini-on.raw 850_GAX_SD.bin GSM.BIN GSM.RAW EXT.ROM.NBO

Where can I recover this files? They are inside of all WM6.5 that you've prepared?

Activesynch had a recover version, Windows mobile device center?

I really don't know how can I do. It's possible that my P320 has a ram problem, or an internal memory problem?!?

I have only few hours to try something on my P320, then I'll wait after 15 days, but I want to use it during the holidays (Igo8 and TOMTOM software are perfect!!!)))

HELP me!
    and sorry for my italian English Sad
    slammer2x

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty ...

Post  slammer2x Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm

a4rocks wrote:Now, I am seeing quite a lot of people with the problem of not hearing the other person or the other person hearing you. I thought that this was some kind of a problem only restricted to a very few devices. Lucily, I am free of this.

@slammer2x,
    Did you update to ASUS's latest 4.15 WWE ROM before trying out this ROM? If you did, then you are really alone because this is a problem which many are facing but many just don't have the solutions. Hope we have a solution for this soon.

I'm using 4.16 WWE_THA which is same radio firmware.
    smart2smart

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty Check with the base version from asus site

Post  smart2smart Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 pm

robi.fava wrote:
    a4rocks wrote:
    robi.fava wrote:

Init SD control
    Get MBR success
    start find images
    find FLASH.BIN!
    can't find GSM.BIN!
    can't find GSM.RAW!
    can't find EXT.ROM.NBO!

BTLR 3.1
    (

Help please
    Hi robi.fava,

thanks navx2vad for your response,
    but nothing happens after 12 rebooting and flashing process ...
    I think that the down sound button and the reset button are almost broken!

I've tried all the versions of WM6.5 for my P320, and I tried also all the versions of WM6.1 token from the ASUS website.
    My P320 is blocked at the first screen when I try to install WM6.5 firmware(BTLR 3.1 and WM6.5 "different version").

Now I'm Using 2 different microSDcard, but the results it's the same ... nothing!

With the 6.1 firmware (Italian version)I have no possibilities. So now I remain with this blue screen and:
    BTLR 3.1
    ROM 6.5.e_touc_222_WWE

My first first problem was the blue screen when I've connected my P320 with my laptop with USB & Windows Mobile Device Center. It's possible that this problem had cancelled from my smarthphone all this files:

galaxymini-on.raw 850_GAX_SD.bin GSM.BIN GSM.RAW EXT.ROM.NBO

Where can I recover this files? They are inside of all WM6.5 that you've prepared?

Activesynch had a recover version, Windows mobile device center?

I really don't know how can I do. It's possible that my P320 has a ram problem, or an internal memory problem?!?

I have only few hours to try something on my P320, then I'll wait after 15 days, but I want to use it during the holidays (Igo8 and TOMTOM software are perfect!!!)))

HELP me!
    and sorry for my italian English Sad

Listen, the instructions from the Asus site ask you to put the file into the 2577 folder, once this is done it copies the ROM to the root folder once the exe is run. Have you tried to directly copy the main file to the root and flash ?

Does it complete the Write to SD process ? This writes the file from the SD card onto the memory, once the Write to flash starts you can stop pressing the volume button, post this the install starts. If it has copied the file successfully the blue screen should change to the 4.15 version.

Hope you have some success.
    jj080882
    jj080882

Post  jj080882 Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:37 pm

Hello, I am eus Germany. Apologies my bad English.

If I want to install the Rom, the error always comes "This Software is only support the "" device. Ensure that your device is the right type.".
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:18 am

jj080882 wrote:Hello, I am eus Germany. Apologies my bad English.

If I want to install the Rom, the error always comes "This Software is only support the "" device. Ensure that your device is the right type.".
    Have you updated your ASUS P320 to the latest official ROM provided by ASUS which is the 4.15 WWE version? It is very important to do that. Plus, verify if you are following the exact procedure to flash the firmware. Also, ensure that you have downloaded the correct ROM version specific for this device only.
    Tubuss

Post  Tubuss Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:01 pm

this ROM is fine, but I found problem with htc keyboard, i can´t write letters - only numbers ..weird Shocked
    smart2smart

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty Upgraded !

Post  smart2smart Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Tubuss wrote:this ROM is fine, but I found problem with htc keyboard, i can´t write letters - only numbers ..weird Shocked

Ha ha ha, I have the same problem, haven't bothered to figure it out. Anyone has any idea ? Finally took the plunge to this version couple of hours back. Looks quite classy

- mortscript works !
    - missed calls no problem yet, still needs to be checked
    - sms working
    - calls seem clear

will update further
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Tubuss wrote:this ROM is fine, but I found problem with htc keyboard, i can´t write letters - only numbers ..weird Shocked
    Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 3794553189_456c90b1f6

Not a problem here. Don't know about it though. Can type messages very well and works like a gem for me. Are you using the HTC Diamond QWERTY one only or any other one? If you are using the correct one, then the error might be a tricky one only original developer can answer.

smart2smart wrote:

Ha ha ha, I have the same problem, haven't bothered to figure it out. Anyone has any idea ? Finally took the plunge to this version couple of hours back. Looks quite classy

- mortscript works !
    - missed calls no problem yet, still needs to be checked
    - sms working
    - calls seem clear

will update further
    Hi Smart2smart, everything works fine in this build and I assure you, you will love it. It is completely bug free. Only thing missing is MMS which I am not even bothered about because I have never used it and probably never will. Laughing

Lowering the RAM usage would have made this the best ROM currently for the P320 but even then otherwise, this is a super ROM and I love it. Hope navx2vad is literally sweating it out behind the scenes for the P320 guys. Waiting to see something cool very soon. Waiting! Cool
    joasus

Post  joasus Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:43 pm

Russian version has index 17 (23017), and when we will see an English version (23017)Question

in CE OS 5.2.23016 (Build 23016.5.3.0)
    I found an annoying problem with the GSM module (problem is that quite often loses activity GSM module and does not receive incoming and outgoing calls in coverage available to the operator.
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 pm

joasus wrote:in CE OS 5.2.23016 (Build 23016.5.3.0)
    I found an annoying problem with the GSM module (problem is that quite often loses activity GSM module and does not receive incoming and outgoing calls in coverage available to the operator.
    Hi Joasus,
    I have experienced this problem in earlier builds but don't face it till then. Sometimes, it does lose it's network (that's once in say 12 hours) but it does come back again in say 1.5 seconds. But the problem you are saying is the problem I had in earlier builds. Haven't had it in this. Seems like this is a problem from the Microsoft guys. Probably, a newer build might fix this issue.
    RoCKeR

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 Empty the gsm module

Post  RoCKeR Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Yes, the gsm module does have some problem, I have encountered following issues:

1. No network when phone exits the standby mode. or whn phone is unlocked.

2. Sometimes no voice from both sides whn the call is in progress.
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:50 pm

RoCKeR wrote:Yes, the gsm module does have some problem, I have encountered following issues:

1. No network when phone exits the standby mode. or whn phone is unlocked.

2. Sometimes no voice from both sides whn the call is in progress.
    Have experienced the first one but my network does return back very soon too say within 2 seconds. So not really bugged by it.

Regarding your second problem, well my friend, you are just another member in a group where many of this ROM are facing the same problem excluding a few lucky me. I don't have any idea on how this is caused. Just hope that for others it is resolved in future updates of this build.
    jj080882
    jj080882

Post  jj080882 Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    Have you updated your ASUS P320 to the latest official ROM provided by ASUS which is the 4.15 WWE version? It is very important to do that. Plus, verify if you are following the exact procedure to flash the firmware. Also, ensure that you have downloaded the correct ROM version specific for this device only.

I have the last German Rom 4.15.0_0924_DEU.

The Rom in the first post, I have downloaded.
    joasus

Post  joasus Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:32 pm

a4rocks wrote:
    joasus wrote:in CE OS 5.2.23016 (Build 23016.5.3.0)
    Hi Joasus,
    I have experienced this problem in earlier builds but don't face it till then. Sometimes, it does lose it's network (that's once in say 12 hours) but it does come back again in say 1.5 seconds. But the problem you are saying is the problem I had in earlier builds. Haven't had it in this. Seems like this is a problem from the Microsoft guys. Probably, a newer build might fix this issue.

In the OLD ROM OF Wm6, 5, no problem.

Also have problems when is held call, not to hear. (How it is said in Post above)

WHEN THERE WILL UPDATE
    rayraven
    rayraven

Post  rayraven Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:01 am

@navx2vad,

Thanks for the updated rom, it's working very smoothly on my P320.
    Using omapclock set to 240Mhz and its blazingly fast.

Btw, could you cook a rom for the build 23022?
    From the screenshots, its looking very finger friendly

Update : Rom Release 23016 - Page 3 23022_thumb

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:16 am