Windows Mobile Board for ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Devices

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones

+14
nazri14
drshashi
jidhassler
pritzdj
Anorak
smart2smart
gnaras
sharat3
Aeric
manilker
panzercool
e7fendy
a4rocks
manasgirdhar
18 posters

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added

a4rocks
    a4rocks

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Empty Re: wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added

Post  a4rocks Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:09 pm

manasgirdhar wrote:Thnx Man....appreciate it...And the Best Part....I M not finished Making Roms yet.....still have loads of builds...N i Mean loads of builds to Make...But First want you guys to test this one before i start making more....N a4rocks...i just loved the LockScreen idea you Gave me.....Do me a favour and look for more things that i can add in my Roms.......Cheers Dude
    If we can't make ROMs, it doesn't neccesarily mean we can't help you. We are there and actually I am glad that you and others love the idea too. It just adds more sheen to your nice work. Not to worry I will suggest you a new theme too which I will show after installing your ROM tomorrow first thing in the morning. Smile. Great job.
    gnaras

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Empty gr8 ROM

Post  gnaras Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:39 pm

just flashed the new ROM. simply amazing. didnt find any bugs so far... but will let you know if i find any. even i'm interested in making roms... where do i start? which language do i have to learn? and where do i get the raw files to make the ROM? i heard about something called a 'kitchen'.. is that what you use to make ROMs?
    smart2smart

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Empty Great News !!

Post  smart2smart Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Dear Manas,

Congrats on doing a fantastic job of releases new builds, I will definitely give it a go over the weekend. I have only the following suggestion. Since you are releasing so many new builds it would be great if you followed some sort of internal versioning, either through serial number or with dates and link the same to the download page in the first post , thereby making avoiding any confusion when it comes to downloading.

Also I have linked your post to my blog, it should increase the traffic and get more people to give your ROM a go !

http://p320.blogspot.com/2010/04/asus-p320-windows-mobile-65-rom-build.html

Cheers,
    Vikram.
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Empty Re: wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added

Post  a4rocks Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:50 am

Manas,
    I am trying to flash the ROM but after initialising the process, I am seeing that it goes to the part where it shows SD Download success and then nothing happens and the device keeps restarting again. Any ideas? I even did a hard reset but it is still having the same error.
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 am

a4rocks wrote:Manas,
    I am trying to flash the ROM but after initialising the process, I am seeing that it goes to the part where it shows SD Download success and then nothing happens and the device keeps restarting again. Any ideas? I even did a hard reset but it is still having the same error.

Which rom is giving the prob mate????Tell you what....Flash the original Asus wm6.1 om once..then Flash the Custom Rom....The same thing happened to me once...that resolved it....if still you get the same problem then re-download the rom.....the download may have been corrupted...Try it and let us know.....cheers
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:14 am

gnaras wrote:just flashed the new ROM. simply amazing. didnt find any bugs so far... but will let you know if i find any. even i'm interested in making roms... where do i start? which language do i have to learn? and where do i get the raw files to make the ROM? i heard about something called a 'kitchen'.. is that what you use to make ROMs?

You can go over posts in Xda-developers....but believe me dude....its not at all easy....I've worked for 6 Months before i could get a working rom....You dont have to learn any language for that...I Bricked my phone loads of times so be ready for that..Read the posts over at XDA-Developers....and if you need any clarifications let me know...or send me a PM
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:17 am

smart2smart wrote:Dear Manas,

Congrats on doing a fantastic job of releases new builds, I will definitely give it a go over the weekend. I have only the following suggestion. Since you are releasing so many new builds it would be great if you followed some sort of internal versioning, either through serial number or with dates and link the same to the download page in the first post , thereby making avoiding any confusion when it comes to downloading.

Also I have linked your post to my blog, it should increase the traffic and get more people to give your ROM a go !

http://p320.blogspot.com/2010/04/asus-p320-windows-mobile-65-rom-build.html

Cheers,
    Vikram.

Vikram i'll do that for the New Roms That i build....I dont wanna rename them and upload them again...but for the next Roms i'll definately make a pattern or something....oh and i check out your Blog....the link that you have posted....you dont have to Write bout the kernel over there...it shows 23549.5.5.0.....cheers

Last edited by manasgirdhar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aeric

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Empty Some feedback

Post  Aeric Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:19 am

Hi manasgirdhar and all guys here, have you all tried to use GPS?
    I am unable to use my Garmin Mobile XT. It either stucks on "Connect to GPS device" or the "Garmin Online" screen.
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:20 am

Aeric wrote:Hi manasgirdhar and all guys here, have you all tried to use GPS?
    I am unable to use my Garmin Mobile XT. It either stucks on "Connect to GPS device" or the "Garmin Online" screen.

I havent Used GPS yet....i'll try it out and let you guys know
    sharat3
    sharat3

Post  sharat3 Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:20 am

a4rocks wrote:Manas,
    I thank you a lot again for the new ROM. It is simply superb. And by superb I mean it. Never before did we have a popular demand ROM creator and you have been more than kind to make it according to everyone's needs. I salute you and I love you (not literally tongue).

You also seem to have put this forum alive and kicking again but it's saddening to see that the original creators are nowhere to be seen. Otherwise, we could have made this forum a huge one. But, thanks to you, the P320ians are smiling and jumping again. You have helped everyone with all sorts of queries. Thanks to you. And I will give feedback about your ROM tomorrow for sure. Busy with some work at home.

P.S. To all the members, please thank Manas for all his good work because the least he deserves is encouragement and compliments from us. Let us put our hands for him.

Totally agree... thanks a lot Manas.. Very Happy
    And hey its pretty cool that u have included the 'tools' too especially the registry editor .. was able to apply the bluetooth fix from the phone itself Smile
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:22 am

Manas,
    When I try to flash the original ROM from ASUS, it goes till the Read SD Busy sign and then suddenly it goes all blacked out. No response from my device. I don't know what is going on here. I am flashing it while connected to my AC adaptor. Has there been some internal problem with the P320?

Sorry to everyone for the trouble, I guess it was my stupid microSD card. Formatting it and then flashing went good. Will test and post screenshots of ROM soon. Very Happy

Last edited by a4rocks on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Issue fixed)
    Anorak
    Anorak

Post  Anorak Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:25 am

Thanks a lot dude ..... The rom is simply awesome, no bugs at all till now. Except i doubt that the device updater has some in it i'm unable to check the boxes one by one only i can check the master box... pls see to it. And once again thank u for keeping this blog alive....u rock!!! cheers
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:08 am

Aeric wrote:Hi manasgirdhar and all guys here, have you all tried to use GPS?

I just used Map my India and it works fine
    a4rocks
    a4rocks

Post  a4rocks Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:08 am

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen01jnwm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen02kwm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen03ewm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen04zwm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen05vlwm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen06axwm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen07k
    The screenshots for the build. Till now bug free and lookin' pretty. Lovin' this build Manas.
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 am

Anorak wrote:Thanks a lot dude ..... The rom is simply awesome, no bugs at all till now. Except i doubt that the device updater has some in it i'm unable to check the boxes one by one only i can check the master box... pls see to it. And once again thank u for keeping this blog alive....u rock!!! cheers

to check the indiviual app....click it 3-4 times...thats what i did and it works
    e7fendy

Post  e7fendy Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:40 am

Using this rom for awhile and got some problems..
    1. After changing the volume, I can't close the window.
    2. The window width is out of range.

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen10wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen11

Additional screenshots:
    wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen12wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen13
    PS: Using iPhontToday and S2U2.

Anyway, this rom is rock Very Happy
    Thx dude..
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 am

e7fendy wrote:Using this rom for awhile and got some problems..

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen10wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen11

Additional screenshots:
    wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen12wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Screen13

Thx dude..

I check out the probs....But they work for me...after messin with the volume i pressed ok...it took 3-4 seconds but it worked fine mate...And the width was also ok...Maybe u installed some App that messed with it...ny1 else facing the same prob???
    sharat3
    sharat3

wm 6.5.5 build 23549 fixed and office build added - Page 2 Empty Missed call & delayed ring issues when device is in sleep

Post  sharat3 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:05 am

Steps for simulation:

2.Keep the device inactive for sometime so that it goes into sleep mode
    3.Give a call frm another device

What happens:
    1.Display turns on as device wakes up, but it doesnt ring immediately.
    2.It shows no service & then detects home service within a few secs.
    3.Device starts ringing.
    4.Cut the call from the other device.

At the end of the missed call:
    1.On the home screen when 'phone' panel is not selected, it displays a "1" next to the label 'phone'. Also, there is the missed call symbol on the status bar.

2.When the 'phone' panel is selected, it shows 'No notifications'.Also, there is no entry in the call log.

This happens irrespective of not locked, locked using hard lock or soft lock.

Haven't tried using the ks20.exe file..
    sharat3
    sharat3

Post  sharat3 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 am

manasgirdhar wrote:
    e7fendy wrote:Using this rom for awhile and got some problems..

Additional screenshots:

Thx dude..

I check out the probs....But they work for me...after messin with the volume i pressed ok...it took 3-4 seconds but it worked fine mate...And the width was also ok...Maybe u installed some App that messed with it...ny1 else facing the same prob???

If we select volume control from the top statusbar menu(not the hard key for volume) and press 'ok', it doesn't close..but if we press & hold 'ok', it closes..no issues while using the hard key for volume..
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:19 pm

sharat3 wrote:Steps for simulation:

What happens:
    3.Device starts ringing.

1.On the home screen when 'phone' panel is not selected, it displays a "1" next to the label 'phone'. Also, there is the missed call symbol on the status bar.

2.When the 'phone' panel is selected, it shows 'No notifications'.Also, there is no entry in the call log.

i'll check it out....preparing a new build at the moment....will try to solve these issues in that build
    sharat3
    sharat3

Post  sharat3 Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:29 pm

manasgirdhar wrote:

What happens:
    3.Device starts ringing.

i'll check it out....preparing a new build at the moment....will try to solve these issues in that build

oh!! wow..another build!! hey when u r making a new build, can u put a bootscreen that says windows mobile version 6.5?

Also does "swype" occupy the same memory as 'sliedeit'...if so, can u integrate swype.. i felt the layout of swype looks better..Also plz chk into that 'simtkUI' thing & the bluetooth bug..
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:35 pm

sharat3 wrote:
    manasgirdhar wrote:

What happens:
    3.Device starts ringing.

oh!! wow..another build!! hey when u r making a new build, can u put a bootscreen that says windows mobile version 6.5?

Also does "swype" occupy the same memory as 'sliedeit'...if so, can u integrate swype.. i felt the layout of swype looks better..Also plz chk into that 'simtkUI' thing & the bluetooth bug..

Windows Screen Changed...Bluetooth Bug Solved....i think i'll integrate swype not sure though.....
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:46 pm

New Rom Bout to be uploaded in an hour or so
    sharat3
    sharat3

Post  sharat3 Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:48 pm

manasgirdhar wrote:New Rom Bout to be uploaded in an hour or so

cool..so i can flash when i get home Very Happy
    manasgirdhar

Post  manasgirdhar Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Uploading New Build

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:43 pm